Warning touch and growing rumble
Feel it building coming coming
Welcome respite or call for shelter?
Jarring one from settled niche
These drops intruders in our day
… A sigh a chuckle as we retreat?
What do they say of grief or toil
As waters surge and tumble by?
Pale countenance sinking down
Or head uplifted to cool embrace?
Built up dirt and grime release
Muddy churning wash away!
Letting it go, now light and free
Cleansing. Revealing… sparkling stones
Strength from above
Or I would fall
To walk the heights
Through fear or grief
Chasms and cliffs
Oh God, our help
We climb the heights
Each step with You
Stay by my side
To glimpse Your majesty
With feet of a deer
The Sovereign Lord is my strength.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer.
He enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:19
- Trying new things enriches life
- Take time to enjoy each taste
- Begin any task with your best ingredients
- The right combinations make all the difference
- Transformations can bring much good
- Sweetened words diffuse tension
- Pain and grief may hide behind a cold facade
- Kind acts and a loving presence can bring healing
- Cool refreshment eases stress
- An emptied bowl tells of a meal provided
- Don’t forget the toppings
- We look forward to the arrival of the Ice Cream Truck
from “Reflections from the Everyday” caallen
In time of need
Pain sorrow loss
Lighten the load
Steady and true
From “My Words to Live By” c-a allen