Rustle of leaves
on a scorching day
The sun blinks its eyes
as shadows slip in
Now grow silent
As earth holds its breath
And heated air stirs
The rumble of a passing truck
Grows and speaks to
Dark clouds advancing building
Carried on silent streams
A dog’s sharp bark
Shatters the sudden stillness
And the cat races to shelter
As searing light pierces the sky
Storm’s call sounds
Make way Make way
Wind’s breath blows cool
As full drops descend
Pounding now upon thirsty ground
Washing cleansing making new
Wafting lifting petrichor’s rich smell
… Rain’s offering to lifted noses
Streams of water flowing
Warm toes cooling
Hot faces relieving
Churning clouds slowly recede
Storm’s call beckons
Lifts its arm in final salute
And rolls slowly on
As mist begins to rise
• Cherish the moments you have each day
• Unfulfilled need is a deep distress
• We need each other to clean up messes
• Soft and comforting words bring relief
• Absorb the good qualities of others in your life
• Consider the commonplace to gain appreciation
• Recognize what is important before it is gone
• Knowing we are useful gives us confidence
• Extend your vision and respect each other
• Inner quality brings joy and contentment
• Chewing on worries only creates new worries
• Look to the Maker and know He is close at hand
• We all come in different sizes, styles, and colors.
• We are made for different purposes.
• Our character is revealed in the way we live.
• The way we live can add positive fun and enjoyment to life.
• Take steps to protect yourself from unforeseen injury on your journey.
• Sometimes we travel through messy places.
• When traveling through messy places, we may become stinky and dirty.
• When we become stinky and dirty, a thorough cleaning is advised.
• After a long day, removing stress and worries brings relief.
• Stress and worries should be given to the Master Shoemaker.
• The Master Shoemaker creates, repairs, and refurbishes us.